Thursday, October 18, 2012

So, this fall has not gone the way I thought it would. Sure the leaves on the trees have turned russet and golden. Yes, our front lawn is covered with more leaves than any other house on our street, which is always the case. It's just that February has come early this year. What do I mean by that, you ask? For the last five years since we have lived in Bedford Falls, each and every February I have been holed up in my home quarantined with sick children. My record so far is six straight weeks as my children and I all took turns with hard-core colds and the flu.

So as I was anticipating pages and pages of my new novel stacking up on my desk and hoping for a first draft by Christmas, sadly I can only count three days since the kiddos started school that I've actually be alone. Gasp! I went to the ER twice this week with two of my adorable but croupey children. But now they are back in school and it is my aim to carve out a new writing regimen. One that I know will include lots and lots of caffeine and hand sanitizer.

To inspire us all, I read an article on R. L .Stine this week, as his first adult fiction book is coming out soon. It turns out that he at one point in his career was writing 12 "Goosebumps" novels a year. Now he is only writing 6 a year. Obviously one of his secrets to being a prolific writer is his "No Fly Zone" over his house that keeps the Croupe Fairy and her flu and flem riddled wand from blessing his air space.  So here's to some germ free writing time! Happy Writing and Creating Y'all!